All my life, I have disliked hot weather, which is somewhat of a cruel joke, since I currently live in Southern California. Every summer, my friends can hear me moaning about how hot it is (anything above 85 is “WAY too hot” for me on most days). At the beginning of the summer, I made it my goal to try and wear pants to work as few times as possible in an effort to stay cool, so my dresses and skirts are on full rotation at the moment. My office dress code is business casual, but I feel like these can all be styled to fit all but the most conservative offices. Also, I try to pick clothes that can pull both work AND weekend duty, since I neither have the space nor the money to maintain two separate wardrobes.
Below are a few of my picks, and the best part is, they’re all currently $70 or under!
My Skirt Picks:
1) LOFT Frond Pencil Skirt: $54.99 (plus an extra 60% off)
2) LOFT Stenciled Leaf Stroll Skirt: $59.50
3) LOFT Globetrotter Stroll Skirt: $59.50
4) Painted Threads Lace Midi Skirt: $36
My Dress Picks:
1) LOFT Bold Stripe Shirred Dress: $69.50